is my temp too hot

prettyinpink

Humidity you shouldn't have to worry about as long as you're not misting the tank (which you shouldn't be doing)...they'll get their 'humidity' through their moist hide.

Hope that helped ya ;)

Psychotic4mb3r

Psychotic Gecko's
are you going by floor temps or over all tank temps? If your not going by floor temps, you should be. Just trying to clear that up since you said something about humidity lol :). Those things you stick to the side of the tank are no good for leos

A good temp should be 89ish for the belly heat..

What watt bulb are you using? If i need to up my temps a little i use a 50 watt bulb depending on the weather..

prettyinpink

You're using a UTH right? You should be able to get the temps up without using a light...the light stresses them out. Make sure you're using a temp gauge with a probe.

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
Even if your floor temp is right, the air temp of 107 is still too hot. I feel 25% humidity is too low too; somewhere between 40-50% is better.

Joeylespaul

You're using a UTH right? You should be able to get the temps up without using a light...the light stresses them out. Make sure you're using a temp gauge with a probe.

im sorry for asking this im sort of newbie thats why i joined the forum whats uth under tank heater

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
Keep the uth on 24/7 and only use the heat lamps if you need to make up heat values. If your mat isn't reaching the proper floor temps of 88-95 then you can suppliment heat with a lamp or get a larger uth. Make sure you have a probe thermometer on the floor of the tank directly over the uth for most accurate readings.

Mich

There is a poll for temps under this housing section .. there are quite a few people that have theirs at 100 .. and plenty of people chose from 88-100 in the poll. I keep mine around 94.

Visit our friends