Is this good enough for my two additions?

MD19

One is a 41 gram male, the other an 8 gram female. At the moment I'm considering keeping them both in the ten gallon, though I'm also thinking about putting her in a 5 gallon until she catches up in size a few months from now. What do you think? Humid box, dark(er) box. Water bowl and red bowl for mealworms/superworms. Attempted second story with a wooden log baked at 250 for an hour and a half and a piece of a rubbermaid bin I'd previously cut out to add screen to give my feeder breeders air as a stairway of sorts. What do you think?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/md19/6016848649/in/set-72157627374946004

Wowoklol

They NEED separate housing. He is way too big to be housed with her. He will try to mate with her and she is nowhere near the size/age she needs to be. You'd be better off with paper towel rolls than that clear green thing, Leos like smaller spaced to feel more secure. Your humid hide is going to scatter that substrate all over your tank with that design. Just cut a hole in the top next time. I'm not a fan of the heavy log either. Being as its not secured at all, its an accident waiting to happen. Doesn't take much to damage these delicate creatures. I'd swap that out for some cork bark structure or some vine or something to climb on. Something that can't squish them.

What is that ramp made of? It looks too smooth for a leo to climb. You'd have to rough it up or coat it with something to give them traction.

Last edited:

winwin

Nice setup and yeah keep them separate, my male was breeding my female all the time when I kept them together and he didn't eat for 2 months. I separated them and he is eating fine again. :D

Also, you might want to flip the moist hide over to avoid the moss from scattering all over the place. :D

MiamiLeos

They need to be separated. Leos of different sizes living together usually means the smaller one will be bullied out of food and good hide spaces. When they are relatively the same size and she is healthy enough to breed and you want babies, you can put them together.

MD19

They NEED separate housing. He is way too big to be housed with her. He will try to mate with her and she is nowhere near the size/age she needs to be. You'd be better off with paper towel rolls than that clear green thing, Leos like smaller spaced to feel more secure. Your humid hide is going to scatter that substrate all over your tank with that design. Just cut a hole in the top next time. I'm not a fan of the heavy log either. Being as its not secured at all, its an accident waiting to happen. Doesn't take much to damage these delicate creatures. I'd swap that out for some cork bark structure or some vine or something to climb on. Something that can't squish them.

What is that ramp made of? It looks too smooth for a leo to climb. You'd have to rough it up or coat it with something to give them traction.

To the 5 gallon she goes. I'll flip the humid hide over, I didn't think the younger one would be able to get in otherwise. The ramp is from a rubbermaid bin top I cut up. I noticed right after taking the picture that it was too smooth and ran a razor blade across in a stairway pattern and it's good now.

Visit our friends