Is this good enough?

Coby78

Ok well, my friend has gotten into some issues and is temporary living somewhere else, so she gave me her gecko to look after for the summer. It was kind of a last minute thing and all she could give me were two of her hides, a humid hide, and a UTH. I put her in my "herp haven" carrier that I got for Leila when I need to move her for a day, but is this good enough to keep her in for about 2 months?

This is the one
41Ee%2B6jlgwL._SS500_.jpg

And the dimensions are "17.1 x 12.1 x 6.8 inches"

She has two hides, and a water and calcium bowl (I feed by hand and not a bowl so no food bowl) and when she's shedding, I'll put her humid hide in place of the cool hide.

If this isn't good enough I'll have to clean out my old 10 gallon tank in the basement. :p

Coby78

I'm very aware, but I don't have any spot for it except on the ground in my room, I have to sterilize it because I kept my frogs in it, and I really only want to if it is necessary.

Coby78

Really? :p Because I had asked a couple months ago if it would damage anything and the people who responded said no. Guhh. Maybe I'll find a tub, I don't have many good places for a 10 gallon tank right now and I don't want to have to be stepping over it all the time.

fl_orchidslave

It depends on the type of plastic. The type pictured above cracks easily as compared to tub type material. A heat mat stuck to it for a couple months may compromise the stability. That size critter box isn't cheap, as compared to a 15 qt tub for 5 bucks.

Visit our friends