Is this housing OK for my gecko?

Photog

This is my house I just built for my gecko. I got my gecko a week ago. I think he or she might be 1 to 3 months old.

Under the left side of the tank there is also a UTH I just bought yesterday.

crittercage.jpg

Do you think this setup is fine? Or is there changes I should make?

My gecko was spending most of his/her life under the wooden log before I got the UTH and the tree on the left side. Now him/her goes under the tree and hides under there with 1 eye open and 1 eye closed (sleeping?)

There is sphagnum moss stuffed inside of the tree and I spray it with water but dries out quickly.

Also the thermometers are on the top of the cage not near the surface where the gecko is, is this OK? Temp on left side ranges from 85-100 F depending on how warm my apartment is, and temp on right side seems to be between 80-85 F again depending on how warm my apartment is.

Got a food dish with water on the bigger side and calcium powder on the smaller side, and I put mealworms in the calcium powder part and they coat themselves. I don't know if my gecko knows where the food/water dish is because I never seem him go to it, but when I wake up in morning the mealworms are gone so I'm assuming he's eating them unless they are hiding somewhere. When I feed him/her crickets I just coat them in the powder and dump them into the cage and let them roam all over. He usually comes out of his hiding spot when he sees one, attacks/eats it, then goes back to his hiding spot.

Srt14292

Est; 1992
Looks very nice! ahh 1 eye open one eye closed, somones giving you the stinkeye,
you need the thermometers on the ground for belly heat and getting up to 100F is way to hot for your leo, i suggest moving the red lamp further away and just runing the heatmat or get rid of the light all together.

Neill

Gecko Elements
92 seems to be every ones magic number. Got my self some heat cable and one of those helix temp monitors. Keep my hot side exactly at 92. Cool side stays about 80 which is warm honestly, tho NONE of my geckos leave there moist hide which is the 92 side. (no lights ether on my cages)

PS cage looks awesome! A+

Visit our friends