Little Help Please

doublet74

I am new to this forum. Also new to geckos. I have had an iguana. Unfortunately she died at the age of 12. Anyway, I have a Exo-Terra 24x18x18 terrarium. I have a UTH which I am going to hook up to a Repitemp 500R thermostat. I also have a digital 2 probe thermometer to monitor the temp on hot and cool side. After reading several posts on this forum I have decided to line the bottom of my tank with high grade vinyl tile. My terrarium came with a background which has notches on either side in order to be able to run wires etc. unexposed from the top to the bottom. My question is my thermostat has a lead on it that obviously needs to be mounted on the bottom hot side of the tank, my thermometer has 2 leads:1 hot,1 cold side. What is the best way to mount these ? So that : A: The wires dont endanger the health of my gecko and B: still serve the purpose for which they are intended. Sorry to be long winded but just want to get this right before I recieve my gecko. THANK YOU in advance for any and all responses.

acharpenter

Tape/anchor the probes to the surface of that which you want to monitor. So on the hot side, I would tape the probe to the floor of the tank over where you will be mounting the UTH - same for cool side.....

Visit our friends