looking into getting a leopard gecko

Vik89

Hi i'm new to the forum.
Im currently looking into getting a leopard gecko and thought I would ask advice from those of you who have them.
I will do my research before buying one but thought you could tell me a few things like what kind of tank is ok to use etc.
I know it needs to be a certain temp and they need a cool and warm side, hides each side and a moist hide/area.
Any advice appreciated :)

Thanks in advance

Joao

v Snowflake v
Poke around in the forums and read threads. Google search for care sheets etc..

There is so much info out there and you should really do your research first, then come here for any specific things your confused about. :main_thumbsup:

Vik89

I have been doing research and went to my local reptile shop this morning but forgot to ask about the tank while I was there, some places I have read a glass tank (big fish tank) is ok to use but other places say not to use?
I would never go and buy an animal without doing research online, by book, shops and advice from other people.

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
A 20 long tank is the most commonly used tank for leos. They measure 29 inches long by 12 inches wide. Don't forget you can also build upwards as your leo will use all the space you give him. Just to give you an idea (yes I'm showing off my tank again :) )

eros_tank_1-11__2_-wU5ti.jpeg

tank_top_view_1-2011-uZzFL.jpeg

This is a 20 long with high end vinly simulated slate self adhesive tiles for substrait. Everyone says my leo is spoiled :) as you can see hs has 3 different levels he can play on. The floor level with his hot hide and sphagnum moss moist hide, his middle level with his cool hides (on the left and middle) and the upper level with a cool wside resting platform and the right side is a humid moist hide (the tupperware dish with moist paper towels in it for when he sheds) and his litterbox and yes he does use it, never poos anywhere else (thank the Gods, that would be a hard clean up, I'd have to tear apart his whole tank searching for poo).

Last edited:

Visit our friends