lots of questions from new gecko owner

nonamebob

i just got my first gecko, she is a tremper albino, i have her in a 10 gallon to get comfortable, but i have a 120 gallon tank i want to upgrade her to, is this to big with lots of hides, rocks, and logs? If i got another female of the same size, roughly 30 grams, would they grow close enough that i wouldn't have to split them? I am using a UTH for the 10 gallon, but i want to order some 11-in flexwatt with a herpstat thermostat for the larger tank, is this a good setup with to strips side-by-side? I have her on paper towel, but tiles would look better for a natural setup, my questions is can just have the warm side reguladed, the room she will be in will get down to 60 degrees, or shuld i buy a ceramic heater to heat the cool side? Also what should i set my thermostat to? Thanks :)

RakesRepts

10 gallons is perfectly fine for one gecko. 120 gallons is like a chateau in the French countryside . . . beautiful and spacious, but excessive for one ;) Two adult females will do fine a 120 gal terrarium. You could even add a few more females to the mix and still be considered generous with space. Rule of thumb is a 10gal footprint for each adult leo. As for UTH, you'll only need 1/3 of the tank heated this way. 90f is a good temp for the tile on her hot side to be maintained at, so adhere the probe from your rheostat to one of the tiles on the hot side and set it to 90 or even as high as 92/93 - you'll get more feedback on this. The key is to not come anywhere near 100f and to have a cool side (60 is okay b/c you'll get residual heat from the tiles bringing up the ambient temp of the rest of the tank). Thermoregulation is the key and geckos are pros at this. Best of luck with your leos, and please update this thread with pics!:main_thumbsup:

Visit our friends