Major Housing Upgrade

clemsonguy1125

Hey,
Currently my gecko is in a standard 10 gallon, I realized that while people say a 10 gallon is enough, it seems to small. I have a 55 gallon but the height would be wasted. I decided it might be a better idea to just build one. The dimensions would be 4'x18"x14". I have a old 10 gallon tank that I can take the glass from for the front. It would be made from plywood, sealed with maybe DRYLOK and the heat pad would be between the two side glass panels of the 10 gallon and on the floor of the new enclosure. Do you think this sounds like an ok plan, Ive noticed my gecko explores the whole cage now but will the new space be wasted. This would probably cost around 40-50 bucks as all I need is the sealant and the plywood. Similar to the cost of a 20 long. Any feedback would be appriated.
Thanks

Chet1028

sounds like a lot of work. I would probably suggest just looking on Craigslist for a 20gal tank. I've seen tons of them recently for as little as $20.
That way you still have the 10gal to hold your Leo while you clean his tank or to hold crickets or mealies (or maybe a new baby Leo).

Visit our friends