Moving around Hides

jimbolaya

Hey all,

This is my first time posting on here, i'm fairly new to having a leo, but my girlfriend has had them for a few years. She's had this one for around 3 years, her cage mate just recently died (They were bought together). She'd been having problems seeing and had been in and out of the vets for weeks, but her eyes seem alot better.

But anyway, She had been talking with the vet and had been told that we should mix around the toys and hides in her tank every so often to keep her active. Anyone have experience with doing so?

Also, in reading on the forum i've seen a lot about a moist hide. We do not have one for Achmed (My gf named her before knowing what sex, and can't part with the name), so i made one out of a tuperware container and put some moss in it, any thing else i should do to it?

Also, would adding a baby to the tank (40 gal) be a good idea? Like i said, Achmed is an adult who had been living with another leo (who died recently) and my girlfriend is afraid of her trying to eat a little one.

I know its a lot. any input would be nice!

Taquiq

JK Herp
You don't need the humid hide in at all times, only when shedding. I wouldn't put the baby with the adult because of bullying. As for the hides, you can do it but I can't say I have experience with it. It seems okay though.

Adinar

Baby with an adult is looking for trouble. As others have stated it will get bullied and more than likely get either hurt or killed. Unfortunetally that is just the way they are. Best to keep tank mates (female with female, or female with male (only if you are ready to handle eggs.) of the same size together and even that is no garuntee that there will be no issues. She got along with her last tank mate fine, but who's to say she will get along with the next ok.

Visit our friends