My 20L Setup

EmanResu

So I just picked up these two girls this morning, and while they were in surprisingly good health, their tank left something to be desired ;)

It's a 20L, and it had one hide that sat on the right side, constantly under a heat lamp, a dish with water, and a dish with Vitamin powder in it. That's it! In that nice big 20L, that's all they had in there. So I dressed things up a little bit ;)

I just had the tile cut about an hour ago, and got everything back in the tank...

Ceramic Tile flooring
Cool side hide, Humid hide (wet paper towl sub.), and Warm side hide
Water dish, Vitamin powder dish
Accurite Digital Hygro/Thermo with probe currently ontop of the warm hide
I am using the heat lamp they provided for now, it is on a dimmer so I can actually dial it in...but I am going to go pick up a heat pad on Tuesday so I can put my Johnson Thermostat to some good use ;)

I think it looks pretty decent...simple, clean, and gives them what they need...or will as soon as I can get the UTH.

So...let me know whatcha think!

Tank1.jpg

~Josh

Daedric1

I don't have much experience with ceramic tile flooring, but know that slate works well (what I use), because it has a fairly natural rough surface and conducts heat well. As long as the ceramic does this and isn't the smooth kind (hard to tell if it is or isnt without a closeup) it should work fine.

For your humid hide you might want to use something that holds moisture better/longer than just placing a paper towel underneath a hide, but it may work. Spaghnum moss placed in tupperware (or another container) holds its moisture really well, generally won't mold, and only needs to be remoisturized twice a week.

Overall your setup looks pretty good though.

EmanResu

I am going to try and do some kind of DIY humid hide...the center hide isn't holding any moisture in, so ya, the paper towel is drying pretty quick.

I'll rig something up tonight/tomorrow and post the updated pics :)

Jordan

looking good, though that dish youve got calcium in i think that would make a nice water dish, and the calcium can just go into a small bottle cap.
its not a 'must' lol. I just thought them bowls (cuz i have them) that your using for the calcium look better when used for water. up to you haha.

EmanResu

I think I am going to make that switch now...I don't that water dish anyways, it seemed a little high up...they could get to it, but they were working pretty hard for it ;)

GeckoGathering

GrizLaru
Things you can do for them and you.

I think I am going to make that switch now...I don't that water dish anyways, it seemed a little high up...they could get to it, but they were working pretty hard for it ;)

White water dish is great..(adults)..
don't change it. Excellent choice.
Finish cleans good, water fresh, and plenty.
High so no tracking calcium, poop, etc.
thru it and messing up the quality.
Build up to it for added looks and comfort drinking.
Get a humid hide in there.
Take care. Hj
As per : Or :
GeckoBBwaterBowl.jpg
DisplayRocks.jpg

jerry

All I Need Is My Leo ONYX
Nice Little Setup, I Agree I Think It Would Look Nicer With The Water To Be In The Calcium Dish And Use A Little Bottle Cap And It Will Also Save You A Little Floor Space

Visit our friends