My New Setup. Please give your honest opinion

mcorrad1

Hey everyone, I just upgraded myself to a 20L and finally adjusted my setup to what I thought would be good. Please let me know your honest opinions or if you would change, remove, or add anything. My hot side is on the left with the cool side on the right. The wood with tuberware under it is my moist hide.

Last edited:

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
It's a nice start but you could use some more hides for it and some backgrounds. Also what kind of light are you using in the dome fixture?

roger

Hey everyone, I just upgraded myself to a 20L and finally adjusted my setup to what I thought would be good. Please let me know your honest opinions or if you would change, remove, or add anything. My hot side is on the left with the cool side on the right. The wood with tuberware under it is my moist hide.

Are u using a UTH? What is your warm end temps

GeckoDude31

I'm getting my first girl next tuesday. When should I fire up the heating mat and thermostat to be prepared for her? I have a 8 watt exo terr mat and a 18x18 tank with a hydrofarm digital thermostat. Thanks!

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
You should always start your tank up imo about 2-3 days before you expect your herp just to make sure evrything is working properly, see how your things perform (thermostat, rheostat, thermometer , heat mat, etc) and what your temp ranges are from your heating elements.

mcorrad1

Thats just there i used to have anoles that required lighting and didnt want to throw it away just yet.

prettyinpink

Looks good. I don't know why you need more hides lol. You have three hides, your hot, cold, moist one right? If you're not looking for anything fancy you don't need a background... looks like you have everything and I can see your water bowl in there.

Only thing I would suggest is taking a look at some caresheets if you haven't already http://geckoforums.net/articles.php?c=115 I bet you'll have a million questions when he/she comes home :) And congrats on your new addition!

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
I could only make out 2 hides, it looked to me like the decor on the left of the pic was just a climbing type ornament not a hide. The background suggestion was meerly to provide a little more enclosed feeling for the leo and reduce sterssers.

mcorrad1

The climbing ornament you referring to is actually hollow and has two different sections for him to hide in.

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
Ah ok... it was hard to tell from the angles the pix were taken. That's pretty neat then... where'd you find that?

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
That would explain why I haven't seen them before. I try to avoid those places like the plague unless I'm up there socializing some one's dog.

Visit our friends