New and Larger tank!! give e your opinions!! =]

LifeKills11

hey everyonne i just got a new tank for my leopard gecko =]!! i had originally payed for a 20 gl long but the dumb Pecto people gave me a 30 gl loong!! ;) woot woot!! any ways heres the setup tell me watchya think? sorry if the pix arent that good...

pharis030.jpg

pharis029.jpg

GeckoGathering

GrizLaru
set up

hey everyonne i just got a new tank for my leopard gecko =]!! i had originally payed for a 20 gl long but the dumb Pecto people gave me a 30 gl loong!! ;) woot woot!! any ways heres the setup tell me watchya think? sorry if the pix arent that good...

Congrats.Tank looks good.
But:
*Geckos usually get along better if their house
has a Humid Hide. (don't see one)
*Under tank heat, although I see what appears
to be a heat rock.
(never used one, only heard not too good stories)
* But if you do have UTH or get it you should
have a slight air space between the
tank bottom and the table top.
(so it won't crack the bottom glass.)
* As far as a 30 gal. long.....?? show none on my
aquarium list unless it's the 30 gal. breeder.
If so that would measure 36 " length.
Hope this helps some.
Take care. HJ

Pinky81

Congrats on the bigger tank! It looks like a 20gal Long to me from the pics. I like the second picture with the added hides in all temp areas! But agree don't see the humid hide! My guys LOVE New Zealand Sphagnum Moss...I also think it hold moisture much better then moist papertowels.

Im thinking that your rock hide is one of those that is a heated cave on one side and none heated on the other?!?!? Im with HJ I don't like the heat rocks or caves heat from the bottom is best! Don't know if you have a UTH...kinda hoping not if that is a heated cave cause it could be getting really warm in that cave.

And third I would suggest getting rid of the Petco temp and humidity gauges and getting a digital thermometer with a probe you can put in your hot area especially if you continue to use the heat cave. Those other gauges only measure air temp..you wanna know the temp your gecko is laying on cause thats the heat they absorb the best!

Otherwise I think its awesome...20gal longs are great tanks! Congrats on the upgrade!!!!

Visit our friends