New DIY Rack

Texas Ranger

We just finished our new breeder rack today. They are iris underbed drawers. They are around 2ft x 2ft size drawers. We got 6 of them. We poked holes it all the drawers. Added the heat tape belly heat in the back. We have 15 geckos housed in there at the moment.

Please feel free to give me any tips or opinons. If you have any questions about how I built it I will be glad to answer.

Thanks guys

072.jpg

068.jpg

046.jpg

047.jpg

048.jpg

050.jpg

057.jpg

060.jpg

066.jpg

fuzzylogix

Carpe Diem
looks good guys. i recognize a few of those geckos, lol. just be careful with the gap between the top of the drawers and the unit itself. i used the same setup when i first started and had a few escapees.

Texas Ranger

LOL. We have already had a escape. The mack raptor keeps getting out threw the gaps. Now that she figured it out she does it all the time. How did you fix that problem? We were thinking of screening the sides and back.

fuzzylogix

Carpe Diem
LOL. We have already had a escape. The mack raptor keeps getting out threw the gaps. Now that she figured it out she does it all the time. How did you fix that problem? We were thinking of screening the sides and back.

she's sneaky. honestly we just abandoned it altogether. we tried so many different types of those systems and finally just gave up. the problem is that if you do screen in the backs and sides, they will end up getting between the drawer and the unit. i almost killed one of my geckos when i pulled the drawer out and it pinched her between them.

Texas Ranger

LOL. We a cookin as fast as we can. "A watch pot, never boils";)

Our radars are supposed to be here in the moring. We will let you know how they look. And we will see you next weekend.

Texas Ranger

Its a little hard to explain. We used hot glue and plastic peices we cut in to squares. We put them just above where the drawer slides. It works great. Here are some pictures of what we did.
031.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

035.jpg

Hope this helps. If you can tell how we did it.

fuzzylogix

Carpe Diem
very cool. i was wondering how it looked after talking to lee about it. if the mack raptor girl can't get out of that, then none should be able to, lol

Visit our friends