New Leo Vivarium

Kaoticfury

Hey All! I just finished building my inclosure, and setting up the insides. The lighting is really bad but here is a snapshot.

2f5b0f25-9694-48f0-bdcf-0ca904da8383.jpg
[/IMG]

1492d82a-5e37-4ca3-bb0a-554bcaf61fee.jpg
[/IMG]

Kaoticfury

Thanks! They are both made from the foam "Great Stuff". The one on the right is just a little spray blob on cardboard, that was set out to dry and 2 days, then i carved it out. The big one on the left is 2 cans of the stuff that i put in the viv. i lined it with wax paper, to make it easier to get out, then i sprayed it in the design i wanted. If you use foam make sure you cut the design you want and get used to the fact that even after it dries, that its going to warp all over. LOL So to get this problem solved, i cut the shape i wanted and placed it in the vivarium. I grouted the majority of it before i did this. then i took the remainder grout and filled in the cracks so it was flush to the wall and ground. Thats the best method i found. The outside i coated with water based, non toxic mod podge. I did 4 coats of that, and the last one i sprinkled sand over the wet sealer with a dust pan for an even coat. The trees were on sale at Michaels for $4 dollars! I know they arent desert theme, but i thought they looked awesome so i dug those into the bare foam. The hide in the cave was of the same concept, i dug it out nice and big, then i grouted it.

Visit our friends