New setup help? :D

Bbugs

Animal Addict
I got a 20g long for my leo recently. I just have one. I'm getting all new things. Currently I'm using a 10g, but I'm not happy with it. I have some questions :)

I'm going to use slate (to give you an idea of my flooring).

I need all new EVERYTHING.

This is what I have so far. Keep in mind I have a 20g long, and am using slate.

Uth: http://www.bigappleherp.com/Big-Apple-Dragons-Lair-Heat-Mats

Rheostat: http://www.bigappleherp.com/Rheostats

Thermometer (two of these): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EUG9AU/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=A194DF28ZGH2VF

That's all I have idea wise so far. I haven't bought any of this yet. Are there any better, cheaper things? Is all of that okay? What else do I need? I have a moist hide made, I have a water dish, and I have a hide, but I might need a better one. Do you have any suggestions on where to buy decoration, hides, backrounds, ect.? I have about an 80-100 dollar budget. Thank you!

If you need any pics of my tank, my new tank, or the slate, just ask!

RyuuKirin

I have one that gets moved from side to side, but my leo's only in a 10 gallon tank. it's mounted on the back and I just move the probe.

Bbugs

Animal Addict
Oh I didn't see your posts! Thank you or the input:) I will get two. Any more suggestion or answers to the other questions?

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
I think the dragons laire uth might be too high a wattage. They usually don't suggest 20 watts until you're in like a 40 gallon size and 17x11 will take up way too much floor space in a 20 long. An 11x11 or 6x11 should be large enough to cover 1/3rd of the floor as suggested. Using slate as a substrait tho you might want to go with an 11x11 cobra. They perform and are constructed much like the dragons lair uth and you can pick one up at LLL Reptile or Reptiledirect.com for less than that dragons lair uth.

clemsonguy1125

I use a zoomed one. Cost like 20 bucks and works great, Its in my 10 and covers about a 1/3. They come in 4 different sizes so you should be able to find one that fits you tank.

Bbugs

Animal Addict
Alright, so I reviewed some things, and these are my new choices:

12 watt cobra uth

repti temp rheostat

yellow zoo med thermometer

Leopard Gecko dust ICB

and some random decor.

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
Everything sounds pretty good, if those are for a 20 long set up. Also if you're using the leopard gecko dust icb from T-Rex that is a complete suppliment that does not require extra supplimenting with plain calcium.

Bbugs

Animal Addict
Okay, so I won't need plain calcium either? How often should I dust, since its a full suppliment?

PS, Disregard my post in your other thread.

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
Depending ont eh age of your leo actually. Young up to sub adult I believe should be dusted every feeding. At 7 mos old I dusted my leo once a week, but now at 11 mos old (and a calcium bubble later) I'm dusting every other feeding as per the info I was given by FL_Orchidslave and Eros is doing much better. Bubble is all gone. Yeah I was kinda thinking I could disregard the other thread post since you were goin with an all in one :)

Is this the one you're using?

resize

If it is,, that's all you need. NO added dish of pure calcium is needed.

Bbugs

Animal Addict
I'm using a flukers calcium with d3, and I heard they dont need d3 very often, and calcium often. That's why I thought about the leopard gecko dust. I'm ordering all my stuff from reptile direct.

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
I would def. go with the all in one suppliment. It practically removes all mess ups with supplimenting.

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
Sorry I do not... I went all natural with my tank with lots of stone layers so I didn't use any store bought decor.

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
Well to show off my tank yet again :)

eros_tank_1-11__2_-wU5ti.jpeg

tank_top_view_1-2011-uZzFL.jpeg

I'm sure you've likely seen it on other threads... but since you've put up your own about wanting to go natural...

Hope this inspires you a little.

Visit our friends