New Substrate *dance*

IslaReina

We just had our kitchen re-done and I saw it as an opportunity to change Nova's substrate to tiles as I have been wanting to for a while xD We got mini tiles put into our wall so I lined up the leftovers inside her tank. I am going to get sand to put in between the cracks, do you think that she will be ok until I get sand in about a day or two or or will her feet get stuck? I think the cracks are small enough to last a day or two. Here's some pics...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I put paper towels over the UTH and the other corners where she goes poo, the two places she's most likely to lay. Tell me what you think :)

Last edited:

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
I think she'll like it. Unless she has a habit of running thru her tank I don't think you need to worry about getting a toe stuck in the groutlines. Make sure when you sand the groutlines to sprinkle a layer then mist it, then a layer then mist so that the sand is compacting and isn't just loose in the cracks as her walking will likely kick some of it out.

Hannibal

Gray Sky Exotics
I like that tile, good choice. I don't think she should have any problems until you get the sand in there. Agree, sand-mist-sand-mist to get it nicely packed in.

Visit our friends