New UTH FTW!

judagrmn

FINALLY got a UTH and have to say by the looks of it, my leo LOVES it! He comes out of his hide more often now and just sprawls out its awesome. :D I did some searching but need to know where the best spot to mount my thermo probe would be. You can see where I have it in the picture. Should I just put it beneath the paper towels directly above the UTH? My temps only read about 76.2f where its at right now and reaches about 80f at max. Want to get the most accurate reading. I think I need to get a thermostat or something to regulate the UTH heat though. Also need to get a warm hide soon too.

judagrmn

Yeah 10 gallon thats what he came with from the previous owner. I want to upgrade someday to a larger tank, find the sex of my Leo and possibly get another one. I have only had him a little over a month and rescued him from a friends kid who didn't really have the time to care for it.

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
Your thermometer should be directly over the uth prob. on top of the peper towels as you want to know what his direct belly heat temp is. It should be between 88-95*F.

Visit our friends