Okay to have 3-4 females in a 75 gallon?

NatalieS

Hi everybody... so I've officially been bitten by the leo bug. I currently have two, but I'd like to create a female-only habitat in a 75 gallon tank I have. I am not interested in breeding, just keeping pets, and the reason I'd like more females is because I have 4-5 favorite morphs and I'd love to have one of each.

Would it be ok for me to fit 3, maybe 4, females into the 75 gallon? I don't want to cause unnecessary stress. I'd provide at least 8 hides of some sort and ample food. Is it doable? If you all have created "sorority" setups for your females, I'd love to see them!

Landen

LSReptiles
I have a couple of my older females that are no longer breeding in a community tank. Just make sure they have plenty of hides so that there are no territory disputes. Not all females get along so you'll just have to observe them to make sure one isn't getting picked on. Have a backup plan if needed.

getgeckos

I have 4 females in one tank that is about 75 gallons and there is plenty of room. Just make sure you have multiple moist hides as they seem to be the most popular in my tank.

Visit our friends