Ovulating?

KashMoneyExotics

Hi My female Leo didn't eat her food and I put food in the day before. So I was wondering if maybe she is ovulating and this is what I found
nebetypa.jpg

I also want to know if my male looks big enough to breed he's 46-47 grams I know they need to be atleast
50 but I don't want to miss this ovulation. Here is a picture of him.
azygazu2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrCarrotTail

Ovulation won't be so low in the abdomen. It tends to happen pretty much right in the middle What you're seeing are probably fat bodies and/or the gecko's stomach. It also can go on for months so don't panic that you're going to miss it. It's better to wait until they're 9 months and at least 50g (I usually wait until close to 60). Rather than rush the process and wind up hurting or killing your geckos.

Dinosaur!

she doesnt appear to be ovulating to me either.

here this is one of my ovulating girls yesterday- sorry the image is so huge! :(

6PRTYzJ.jpg

see how pronounced the ovules (term?) are?

Dinosaur!

45 grams is the minimum for males, but the larger your gecko, the less likely a prolapse will be. so technically he is large enough, but most responsible breeders wait until they are 50+ grams to minimize the health risks.

but its still your choice, just be aware :)

Dinosaur!

thats a good idea :) i bred my geckos once three years ago, and not one hatchling came of it because i was new to the hobby and unprepared. since then, this is the first year that i am trying to breed again, after doing as much research as possible so that i dont have a repeat of back then... painful lesson learned...

Visit our friends