Paper lawn bags and UTH

PaladinGirl

After much consideration and reading everyone's substrate methods, I did a spin-off of newspaper and started using brown paper lawn bags :main_laugh: They look really nice, even better than the reptile carpet I was using! It's very natural looking.

However, I am still trying to adjust the temperature of the UTH because it gets a lot hotter than the reptile carpet did. I carefully measured the temps of the floor and it was getting up to 100 *F! I immediately went back to the store and got a lamp dimmer, which has worked nicely but it's VERY sensitive so I'm am moving it a hair here and there, trying to get it down to 90*-ish. Last night I had turned it down to almost halfway right away and it went down to 80*. So I turned it up a little and it went back to the high-90's. Ugh. He doesn't seem to be too uncomfortable, he is staying on the warm side but more toward the back of his hide. He came out last night and devoured a bunch of mealworms so he can't be too stressed, but I am obsessed. My husband is starting to worry about me :main_rolleyes:

Visit our friends