papertowels

im faster

Should Slow Down
Since you mention the uth. I will assume you are worried of fire.

The combustion tempature of paper is around 842 degrees.. so yes you have very very little risk of fire.(anything electrical runs a small chance of fire.)

brillobee

Glittering Geckos
I was reading the instructions that came with the uth, and it warns against using subtrates like papertowels. So i wanted to double check.

ieatfish

I was reading the instructions that came with the uth, and it warns against using subtrates like papertowels. So i wanted to double check.

That may be because they are so thin there is a risk of burning the geckos as nothing is in place to diffuse the heat (tile, sand, etc.). As long as you have a thermometer and a thermostat to adjust the temperature you should be fine.

reps4life

Be carefull when feeding on paper towels. I have seen a few geckos that overtime became impacted when stricking for food they mis and end up eating the paper towel.

Last edited:

reps4life

I guess the owners of these few where not as fortunate to have geckos with good striking vision.

LeopardShade

Spotted Shadow
your only real concern is to be carefull when feeding on paper towels. I have seen a few geckos that overtime became impacted when stricking for food they mis and end up eating the paper towel.

Wow, I didn't know geckos could consume whole sheets of paper towel? :main_rolleyes:

Last edited:

reps4life

Not my geckos. The cases I have seen developed over time, ripping pieces of the paper towels along with crickets.

Visit our friends