Pick up UTH at reptile show or just order online?

Miykael81

So I plan to attend the All MD Reptile Show in Havre De-Grace MD either this weekend or sometime in December. I have everything else in the terrarium all set up, but I have yet to pick up the UTH. I plan to purchase an Ultratherm as based on what I have read, I feel this will work best for me.

My question is if anyone has any experience finding these sorts of things at a reptile show? This will be my first, so I don't know a lot about what to expect.

My apologies in advance if this is a little too similar to my question about the show in general that I have in the show/expo forum, but I felt this was specific enough to housing that it might be best answered here.

Thanks folks!

Brewboy74

Gecko Power
I would order it. If it is a small to medium show then there is a very good chance that no one will have an ultratherm. In fact I was at the NARBC show in Chicago which is huge and I don't remember seeing one. Better to be safe and get one in advance that way you can have it set up and adusted and ready to go. I am assuming that you are planning on getting a gecko there as well.

Miykael81

You are correct, I do plan to purchase my Leo at the show. I will order online then. Can you recommend any other housing items that I SHOULD look for at the show?

Also(not to jump forums), but if anyone has been to this show.... How big is it? I have a 2 hour drive ahead of me, and I want to know if the trip will be worth it.

Thanks again!

gixxer3420

If I were you I would go to the December 4 Hamburg Pa show. IT is well worth the drive and it is a large show. In my opinion the best show in the north east.

UnicornSpirit

Graphic Designer
At most reptiles shows they carry supplies such as feeders, lighting, heat accessories, tanks, racks, reptiles, Etc. I have yet to go to any of the MD shows but from what I've heard from friends they're very small... so I can't tell you 100% that you'd find the exact UTH you're looking for. Reptile shows are really fun even if you're just looking so if it's not too far of a drive for you I'd say check it out and see if they have your UTH. Also, have fun!

Miykael81

I am pretty excited about going. I am taking my father and my 4 year old son. The drive however is about 2 hours for me, so I'm glad to know that I'd be safer getting the uth online thereby avoiding the risk I might not find it there (thus being unprepared for a new family member coming home with me).

Visit our friends