Please rate my tank setup.

Please rate my tank setup!

• Excellent setup, no problems at all

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • good setup

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • not bad, average

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • bad setup, there are many problems (please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jschaf1

Hi Everyone!

I want to know what you all think of my tank setup. I think I have done a pretty good job but please let me know if you see any faults or problems with it.

Here is some info:

Substrate: Repti Carpet

Hot side of tank is located on Right side of tank. At least half of tank (right side) has a UTH under it.

I have a 50W Infrared (red) Heat Glo bulb in center of tank.
There is also a 26W Repti Glo 2.0 UVB lamp located right next to it for regular day light. The red bulb stays on 24 hrs a day. White light turns off at night.

I have digital thermometers on cold and warm side.
Cold side is about 77F-82F
Warm side is 92F-100F

Humidity in tank is about 25%-30%. Humidity indicator is located in center of tank.

I live in Montreal Canada so I use the red bulb to help keep the tank warm at night.

There are three hides in the tank.
One on cold side, one on warm side and one in middle. (she spend most of her time in the middle hide).
There is no permament moist hide. I only put one in when she is ready to shed.

I am especially proud of those rocks I got. I love them!!!!!! So nice looking. Let me know what you think. of them! :D

So let me know what you all think? Please let me know if you see any problems, especially in the location of the temperature probes (I wasn't sure where or how to put them).

Last edited:

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
It looks great, the only thing I would do differently is to use the middle hide as a permanent humid hide. Just my personal preference though, if what you're doing works then no need to change. :main_thumbsup:

R

reptidude1

Hi Everyone!

I have digital thermometers on cold and warm side.
Cold side is about 77F-82F
Warm side is 92F-100F

[/B]

I think the warm side it a bit too hot. It is better at 85-90 degrees

MiamiLeos

I would try to not let the warm side go above 97 and I would turn the middle hide into a humid hide, just my opinion tho, great set up man!! Nice decorating!

F

fikken

I like the hide in the middle. What kind is that? i think i have seen them somewhere.

reptishelter 3 in 1 cave http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog...and-misc-decor/-/zoo-med-large-repti-shelter/
appears to be the favorite hide of leopard geckos. all mine love it, they hardly come out of it. small size is only good for 1-3 juvies, medium works for 1 adult + 1 subadult or 2 adults, and the large can fit around 3-4 ish depending on the size of gecko some being bigger than others

P

project1

nice set up man!! yea i think your right about leos and the 3 in 1 cave

jschaf1

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximusx6910
I like the hide in the middle. What kind is that? i think i have seen them somewhere.

reptishelter 3 in 1 cave http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog/...repti-shelter/
appears to be the favorite hide of leopard geckos. all mine love it, they hardly come out of it. small size is only good for 1-3 juvies, medium works for 1 adult + 1 subadult or 2 adults, and the large can fit around 3-4 ish depending on the size of gecko some being bigger than others

Thanks. It is my favorite looking hide and is also my geckos favorite. She spends most of her time in there as well. The one I have can comfortable fit one gecko or perhaps two if they don't mind close snuggling! LOL.

Thre are many other models out there though so you should shop around. Exo terra has some different models here:
http://www.exo-terra.com/en/products/snake_cave.php

For adult leos your best bet is to get the largest size. I have seen these in person and the holes on the smaller models are too small to comfortable let in an adult sized gecko.

scottjusa

Lizards
Wow, nice setup. It looks very natural. What size tank is that?

I'm going to buy one of those hides when I place my next order because it looks better than tupperware.

jschaf1

Thanks! Its a 20G long tank I believe. I have one gecko in it and it gives her plenty of room to move around yet still enough space to add plenty of accessories as you can see ;).

Taquiq

JK Herp
I would personally not let the warm side get above 97 at the highest. But other than that awesome naturalistic set up!

Stomlin35

Gamer momma
I LOVE that background. Where did you get it from?

I also have the 3-in-1 Cave. It makes for a great humid hide.

Visit our friends