Pricing based on morphs?

chasem1991

Adventurist
I recently sent an email to a local breeder, and he told me to give him a call and he would let me come see what he had. I am curios to what i should be paying for a healthy gecko. And i was wondering what the prices were based basically on the morph of the gecko.

Srt14292

Est; 1992
I would go with the more complex the morph the more you should be looking at.
Mack snows over here cost around £30 upwards while mack enigmas can come up to £80 upwards.
So think the more complex the morph the more your going to pay.

chasem1991

Adventurist
okay, he told me that he has snows, jungle, tangerine, raptor, and Luestic.

What is a Luestic leopard gecko? ive never heard of such.

chasem1991

Adventurist
thats a patternless. The name he gave them is wrong but he means the patternless :)

oo Nice.

Now I just need to figure out based on these pictures
what the pricing should be. I am not sure how well taken care of they are, but nothing a bowl of mealworms and some love wont fix.

He used to run a shop in my town and he always had a crested gecko that he would walk around and it would just sit on his shoulder...

chasem1991

Adventurist
just got off of the phone with him, he said that he generally charged $30 for a plain leopard gecko. but he has raptors that he is willing to sell for $45 and he also said they are healthy so ill go check it out tomorrow $45 for a raptor is cheap no?

he also said he has a blizzard =DDD thats what ive wanted for a long time so ill see that tomorrow too.

OneFootedAce

just got off of the phone with him, he said that he generally charged $30 for a plain leopard gecko. but he has raptors that he is willing to sell for $45 and he also said they are healthy so ill go check it out tomorrow $45 for a raptor is cheap no?

he also said he has a blizzard =DDD thats what ive wanted for a long time so ill see that tomorrow too.

45$ for a raptor is very cheap, but if its that cheap, id make sure its actually a raptor and not something else.

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
45$ for a raptor is very cheap, but if its that cheap, id make sure its actually a raptor and not something else.

tou che... i like the phrase "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is..."

If this guy REALLY has raptors for $45, then i'll take like 20 of em! lol...

He could sell them for 100 or maybe even more, based on how they look... coloration, eyes, pattern, and all that... and they would still be cheap by most people's standards.

chasem1991

Adventurist
What should i be looking for to know that it is a raptor?

I would love to have one but i have never seen on in person

Red eyes
albino
patternless
or<---whats the or

Duh ORANGE

Last edited:

sunshinegeckofarm

Obsessed with Leos
they have all red eyes and generally are all orange/yellow with sometimes orange spots on the head. and there is banded raptors that look like normal trempers with all red eyes. research what raptors look like and ask to look at parents if he has them.

chasem1991

Adventurist
They look like the could be aptors ( the first one)or reverse stripe trempers, but on those I do not see any ruby red eyes.

I went and looked today, they are NOT raptors. Neither of them have red anywhere in their eyes... he swore up and down that some of the babies that he had would turn into raptors, but they just looked like normal baby leos to me.

I am no longer allowed to go to pet stores.

I bought ANOTHER leo... :p this one is a baby, and hes BRIGHT orange.

his setup was not bad at all. the leos had about 20 gallons of floor space for each pair.

although his baby geckos seemed underfed!
at the age of 3-4 months should they not be around 20 grams?
The one that i bought still looks like a hatchling.
He told me that he was 3-4 months.

he has about 50 bearded dragons.
overall he is a nice guy, and he seemed to know his crap other than raising the babies.

Visit our friends