problem with zillaaa temp control!! =/

LifeKills11

Okay so ive recently boughta zilla temp controller and have the temps set at about 94-95 degrees..the probe is on the hottest part of the heat matt and everything..the problem is when ipoint the temp gun at the eaxact spot of the probe and jus a bit to the left and right ..it reads out 100 degrees..but the temp controller is still on...and when i set the temps cooler itll turn off..i idnt have the probe on the hottest spot before i jus moved it about 45 mins ago..it just trned off now...im hoping the temps start to match with my temp gun and thermostat...what could be the problem?

Last edited:

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
I'm pretty sure I warned you about this. There is a variable with all thermostats as to the range they work in and the inaccuracy between the actual temps and what your thermostat is set at hence the need for a secondary heat monitoring source. I'm glad that you have the temp gun because now you will know exactly what that variable degree of inaccuracy is and can adjust accordingly.

LifeKills11

so since the heat mat gets to about 100 degrees when the thermostat is at 95...should i put the thermostat to about 90 degrees? therefore the heat mat would reach to abut 95 degrees... =]

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
It would be a logical deduction but in the long run it really will be a matter of trial and error honestly. It wouldn't hurt to see if that corrects the probem or if the variable changes with the lower temp setting of if it's consistantly approx. 5 degrees regardless of what you set it at. Play with it a bit and see how it affects your temps.

Visit our friends