rack system?

C C Gecko

This has got to be a first timer question.

My rack system is going to be a 6 shelf rack with 3 tubs on each shelf totaling 18 tubs.

3 in flex watt tape at 2feet 8 inches each shelf probably gonna round off to 3 feet a shelf.

I will also have a Ranco ETC-111000 Pre Wired for this rack system.

Will I need a thermostat for each shelf?

James Lamantia

One thermostat per rack should be ok as long as all of the tubs are the same size. One if my buddies that breeds snakes has three different racks on one thermostat. He says as long as the tubs are the same size it should be ok. That being said I am relatively new to breeding so if anyone knows anything else please correct me.

C C Gecko

I bring it up because each shelf has its own piece of flex watt tape and that one prob from the thermostat can't monitor all the shelfs unless you alternate which shelf you put it on.

Fencer04

Long Island Geckos
Just place the probe in a central location and you should be fine. It's also important to note that you can't just trust temp you set on the thermostat. You may need to set the thermostat higher or lower to get the temperature your looking for at the bottom of the container.

I check my temps once a month with a dual probe thermometer. I place one probe taped to the bottom of a tub on the bottom row and one place similarly in a tub on the top row.

RadReptiles831

formerly rendogg
Ya one t-stat is cool. Just put the probe on a middle shelf in the middle of the shelf. And the tubs can be different sizes its the heat tape that needs to be the same length. Tubs on the top will most likely be a slightly different temp from the bottom because of heat rising. So don't be too alarmed it wont be that much. And test your temps with a heat gun or ir temp reader ....if you need one I can let you borrow mine. Just noticed you live in the same town.lol.

Visit our friends