Removing UTH

Spots

Just wondering how I can remove the UTH without completely destroying it and how I should re-attach it in the future.

wakeskate420

If it is the self sticking kind I've had success slowly peeling it off and putting wax paper on the sticky side until I put it on my new tank

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Spots

yea it's self sticking.

How can I attach it in the future in case I want to move it again? I remember someone mentioning putting it on tin foil then tape it to the tank so it can be easily removed later. Does this sound right?

wakeskate420

I haven't heard of using tin foil, I would think that it would block the heat if it was in between the glass and uth, but I have moved mine from a ten gallon tank to a plastic tub and again to a 29g tank an it still sticks with no problems, I also have a ultratherm uth that isn't self sticking and I use duct tape that my dad had from when he used to work a Delphi and it sticks with no problem also, so if it doesn't end up sticking after time you can always tape around the edges

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

monkeytechahoo

I have a UTH that I use foil on because the stickiness has died from being moved so much. I place the UTH, sticky side up as you normally would, then cover with the foil and use duct tape across the foil to attach that to the glass. So the duct tape isn't attached to the UTH itsself.

Someone also recommended using a tape that is made for hot temps. I'm not sure of the name of it, but I think the tape itsself is metallic looking on one side. Hardware person should know what you're describing if you tell them.

Spots

Like should electric tape be safe? or will it stick all over the glass and make a huge mess?

I swear, someone on here once said to stick the UTH to tin foil then to the tank. Then the tin foil would conduct the heat? lol I dunno. Maybe I'm just crazy

Thanks though. I'll try to see if I can peel it off later. The instructions said not to ever take it off lol

Visit our friends