Repti-carpet or tile?

lovelovelove135

Hi, I was just wondering which one was better. I've heard repti-carpet is good, but leos can get their claws ripped out D: Have any of you had this problem before? If so, I might just go with tile. I don't want my poor leo getting hurt the first day he's in the tank! So, carpet or no? Thanks :)

Shaneab408

I use reptile carpet and have never had any problems with it. I like it because it is easy to wash. You could always do some tile and some reptile carpet.

clemsonguy1125

Id go with a layer of paper towel on top of the carpet. Thats what I do. I can lift up the paper towel and toss it when it gets dirty and dont have to worry about my gecko burrying under it.

Last edited:

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
I use vinyl simulated slate tiles and they are super easy to clean up, if my leo ever poo's on them but he uses his litterbox. It's easy to clean up spots where dusted insects landed, or if he tracked calcium around and the supers don't have anywhere to hide like under the edges of carpet. for the $5 it cost for the tile, I couldn't be happier with the natural look it gives to my viv. There's some pix in a photo album on my user profile if you want to see how it looks.

lovelovelove135

I use vinyl simulated slate tiles and they are super easy to clean up, if my leo ever poo's on them but he uses his litterbox. It's easy to clean up spots where dusted insects landed, or if he tracked calcium around and the supers don't have anywhere to hide like under the edges of carpet. for the $5 it cost for the tile, I couldn't be happier with the natural look it gives to my viv. There's some pix in a photo album on my user profile if you want to see how it looks.
good point! haha i don't think it would be very easy to clean up the calcium on carpet...i'm goin with tile now xD haha thanks so much! and thanks to everyone else too :)

jerry

All I Need Is My Leo ONYX
I use reptile carpet and have never had any problems with it. I like it because it is easy to wash. You could always do some tile and some reptile carpet.

Do You Hand Scrub It? Or Is It Machine Washable, Because Mine Has White Poweder From The Dusted Mealies And Its EveryWere lol.

Thanks

bbleifus

Just wash it in warm water and let dry. I you put it in the washing machine and dryer it will fall apart.

Joao

v Snowflake v
I have had my baby gecko for a little over a week now with repticarpet, and I don't really like it. She ALWAYS gets her mouth stuck in it when trying to catch crickets, and it seems like she can't walk comfortably on it with fear of getting stuck.

I haven't cleaned it yet so I can't tell you any facts about that. It worries me a little to use chemicals on it to disinfect, but cleaning it without chemicals worries me as well. I don't want it holding harmful bacteria or anything.

I don't see any pros in using repticarpet, so I'm going to get vinyl tile asap and give that a try.

Visit our friends