Repticarpet to Paper Towel to Vinyl?

jrcb07

Alright so apparently my leo did not like the repticarpet at all because he wouldnt eat while I had him on it and I did notice him getting stuck or crickets getting stuck so i decided on paper towels and he's eating like a pig :D. Now we all know they do fine with a sheet of paper towels but its not the best look. I want my 20 gal long tank to look cool and natural so I was thinking about getting some vinyl. I know theres been lots of posts about this but I was wondering if its safe for my leo. which kind of vinyl should i get?

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
If you go with vinyl tiles I suggest (and use) a high end tile, one that cracks insted of bows a lot when you flex it (bend it). Usually they are in the $2 and up range per individual tile. They will likely be double the thickness of the cheapest tile they have for individual sale. You'll only need 3 to do a 20 long tank (well 2 and ah alf actually). Look for ones that have a good texture to them like a simulated slate pattern. It can be subtle but as long as there's some texture your leo can comfortably keep his footing which is important with developing juvies. Don't want it too smooth.

Visit our friends