reptile carpet or tiles?

RawrItsAlexander

Samantha and Alexander
I am going to be moving my leo into a twenty gallon. What is the best substrate out of reptile carpet or tiles?

geckonewbie213

i recently changed from repticarpet to tile and it was a great decision! the tile that i got was cheap from lowes and it conducts heat really well, my temps are at a constant 88 to 90 degrees with the uth. plus my leos seem to like the tile A LOT more than the carpet, no more getting teeth stuck on the fibers :p

RawrItsAlexander

Samantha and Alexander
i recently changed from repticarpet to tile and it was a great decision! the tile that i got was cheap from lowes and it conducts heat really well, my temps are at a constant 88 to 90 degrees with the uth. plus my leos seem to like the tile A LOT more than the carpet, no more getting teeth stuck on the fibers :p
What if I only use heat lamps as heat

geckonewbie213

well from what ive learned form this site an under tank heater is basically a necessity. the geckos need belly heat to properly digest their food. so i would recommend getting a uth, and continue using the lamps becuase they add a couple degrees as well.

RawrItsAlexander

Samantha and Alexander
well from what ive learned form this site an under tank heater is basically a necessity. the geckos need belly heat to properly digest their food. so i would recommend getting a uth, and continue using the lamps becuase they add a couple degrees as well.

So I was planning to get her a third light. That wouldn't be necessary with this uth correct? What's the best kind to get

geckonewbie213

third light wont be nefessary with the uth. i just got one from a local petsmart, im sure you could find one for a decent price at any pet store. i forget the nAme of the brand i bought :/

RawrItsAlexander

Samantha and Alexander
third light wont be nefessary with the uth. i just got one from a local petsmart, im sure you could find one for a decent price at any pet store. i forget the nAme of the brand i bought :/

Oh well if you remember please let me know that woud help. What size did you get and for what size tank?

fuzzylogix

Carpe Diem
definitely use tiles or paper towels instead of repti carpet. geckos need belly heat to aid in digestion so an under tank heater is absolutely recommended. geckos do not need any uvb as they are nocturnal and bright lights can actually stress them out. use an under tank heater attached to a thermostat and get your substrate surface temps to around 95 on the hot side. you can use a low watt incandescent light for day/night cycle, but if you have windows you could just open the blinds during the day.

RawrItsAlexander

Samantha and Alexander
definitely use tiles or paper towels instead of repti carpet. geckos need belly heat to aid in digestion so an under tank heater is absolutely recommended. geckos do not need any uvb as they are nocturnal and bright lights can actually stress them out. use an under tank heater attached to a thermostat and get your substrate surface temps to around 95 on the hot side. you can use a low watt incandescent light for day/night cycle, but if you have windows you could just open the blinds during the day.

Okay so tiles would be best for a, natural look and where can I find this uth with thermostat attached?

Visit our friends