Reptile Carpet?

D

dflygirl

Hello I'm new here and was wondering about reptile carpet...my geckos seem to get there teeth stuck on it so I'm replacing it with paper towels for now... but I'm scared the UTH will be too hot for them without the carpet...any suggestions would help GREATLY!!
Thanks,
Leah

Kyee

I've used Reptile Carpet since my gecko was around 5 months old, and she's never had any troubles. =P But if you're worried about her getting hurt, I agree with switching it out for paper towels until she's a bit older and a better hunter. :)

So that you don't worry about her being burnt, you should either get a digital thermometer or a rheostat/thermostat with a digital probe so that the temps stay even. If you're just using a normal digi thermometer, make sure it's not getting too hot and just add more layers of towel if needed.

-Kyee

D

dflygirl

Thank you so much Kyee! I'm a first time Leo owner...and the books just don't seem to cut it. Thanks again!
Leah

ariana

i feed my girls in a seperate tank so prevent that :) and then i dont have a calcium powder mess :)

of course the girls play in their calcium bowl so that whole idea went out the window. but i still feed them in a diff tank

D

dflygirl

I'll have to look into that, sounds like a fantastic idea

artgecko

Try turning the carpet over. I had the same problem when I first used reptile carpet. I turned it over and no more teeth getting stuck.

I don't use the carpet anymore 'cause it got messy looking. Went to tile and/or paper.

thegeckoguy23

they do that sometimes cuz someof the littl hair stick up i hate reptile carpet it dont look nice if your water bowl gets nocked over then it asorbes it and lets it out slowly and gives a ton of humidty but thats only when u drench the thing hope this helps

Visit our friends