Should I use sand?

Moe

to make my tank look more appealing to the eye?

that repticarpet is so horrid looking :main_laugh:

i know about impaction

how about half the tank sand the other half not sand?

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
I wouldn't risk it. There are plenty of other options out there to sand and repti carpet that can be just as appealing to the eye with out putting your herp in harms way.

Why you callin him a troll Eric? Is he an instigator?

Daedric1

I wouldn't risk it. There are plenty of other options out there to sand and repti carpet that can be just as appealing to the eye with out putting your herp in harms way.

Well, I guess we can't really prove him to be a troll, but rather, more of an annoyance. If you look at his post history, he brings up some of the most ridiculous questions around. Nearly all of them could be answered by looking at a caresheet, looking at the first page of most recent posts, or by doing a search. Also, the questions tend to be so vague that you barely know what he is talking about.

Of course, a lot of people (especiallly those new to the forum) do this - not post specifics such as tank setup, temperatures, etc. However, most tend to "get the hang of it" after awhile and educate themselves using this or other forums about their pets.

So in this thread:
Moe said:
to make my tank look more appealing to the eye?

that repticarpet is so horrid looking

i know about impaction

how about half the tank sand the other half not sand?

We know he wants to make the tank look more appealing to the eye. Of course, we all know there are lots of ways to do this without involving sand.

I agree - repticarpet is horrid looking, and that's not all - it's just plain terrible stuff (although better than sand).

And half sand, half not-sand? What does this mean? Half sand and half repticarpet? Weren't you trying to get rid of the horrid-looking repticarpet? And you're planning to do this by introducing sand, which you already know can be problematic? I guess, if you still want a horrible looking tank with added risks, not to mention how terrible it would be to clean.

And if not half sand, half repticarpet, what do you mean? Paper towels, slate, or something else? If you're going to change, change the whole tank, not half of it.

It's stuff like this that doesn't make any sense and has no specifics that makes it hard to help (or want to help) someone like this. And it's not like this is the first time either - it's always the same. That's why I believe him to be either a troll, or a very frustrating individual.

Sorry for the harsh words, but please Moe, get your act together. Provide more specifics in your posts, and do some reading of the forum.

Jordan

I dont think he's a troll, however i agree he is getting a little irritating.

Moe, these questions im pretty sure you could answer yourself. Either by looking on a caresheet or by flipping a coin. I dont really mind if you go for sand.

As YOU say, you know the risk of impaction... so make your decision on your own...

neur0tix

Try what I just did..... I took a sand texture and filled a entire sheet with it and printed w/ my color printer... and believe it or not, it looks like sand in my tank! Just.... impaction-free, much easier to clean sand :)

jerry

All I Need Is My Leo ONYX
I dont think he's a troll, however i agree he is getting a little irritating.

Moe, these questions im pretty sure you could answer yourself. Either by looking on a caresheet or by flipping a coin. I dont really mind if you go for sand.

As YOU say, you know the risk of impaction... so make your decision on your own...

+1

Visit our friends