Solution for low temp air.

GrimmyX15

Mkay-um?
Since winter started, your lizard may not poop or refused to eat. because of low temp air in your leo's enlcousne. But i since purchased light bulb called Spotlight bulbs. but it's very hot if you touch it. but it help release heat in air. Suddenly days later... My Jackie just eat again! I was so happy and Now i learned that they could slow down if temp in air was low. something cause it. So i bought two more since first bulb was old. but i only put 1 bulb in right where hot spot was. Seemly my jackie liked it. :) She's eating like pig. Something she normally do when she was young lizard , x).

I hope if this helps. Spotlight bulb look like that
6qbfxe.jpg

:) Caution it can get hot. but it works for 10 gallon and 20 gallon. this is for geckos who are in slow proccess when winter season.

Thank for listerning! :]
Comments are welcomed.

Ratman667

It looks like the bulb I had in with Fluffy, My scorpion, if it is, the lowest wattage they come in are 50w.

However, they sell 40w Halogen bulbs at Wal-Mart for a few dollars. They put out a good bit of heat. I am thinking about using them with my tanks, just have to get some light sockets first.

As always, make sure to use a thermostat or rheostat (light dimmer) to control your temps.

GrimmyX15

Mkay-um?
Since winter started, your lizard may not poop or refused to eat. because of low temp air in your leo's enlcousne. But i since purchased light bulb called Spotlight bulbs. but it's very hot if you touch it. but it help release heat in air. Suddenly days later... My Jackie just eat again! I was so happy and Now i learned that they could slow down if temp in air was low. something cause it. So i bought two more since first bulb was old. but i only put 1 bulb in right where hot spot was. Seemly my jackie liked it. :) She's eating like pig. Something she normally do when she was young lizard , x).

I hope if this helps. Spotlight bulb look like that
6qbfxe.jpg

:) Caution it can get hot. but it works for 10 gallon and 20 gallon. this is for geckos who are in slow proccess when winter season.

Thank for listerning! :]
Comments are welcomed.

I forget to tell you this. my room are always cold. :(

Jackie is actually doing fine in her tank and im soon movng her to 20 gallon standard. :]

ILoveGeckos14

It looks like the bulb I had in with Fluffy, My scorpion, if it is, the lowest wattage they come in are 50w.

However, they sell 40w Halogen bulbs at Wal-Mart for a few dollars. They put out a good bit of heat. I am thinking about using them with my tanks, just have to get some light sockets first.

As always, make sure to use a thermostat or rheostat (light dimmer) to control your temps.

:main_laugh::main_laugh: @ scorpion named Fluffy!

slayer

You could always cover the screen top most gecko keepers have on their tanks to actualy hold some heat in the enclosure, as opposed to just rising up right out of the tank. Holding heat in a tank with a screen top is exactly like holding water in a bucket with a screen bottom. Pouring more water/heat in does not fix the problem. As as far as the red light thing, leopard geckos have rods and cones in their eyes just like we do which means they see light, dark AND color. If we can see it they can see it.

p.s. halogen spot lamps can burn your animal. halogen FLOODs wont.

Last edited:

Visit our friends