Switch from 20 gal long to 18x18x18 terrarium? N e one have experience?

ggg111

So I have two leos living in a 20 gal Long but I just saw a 18 inch by 18 inch by 18 inch terrarium for sale at my local pet store. I believe it is either exo Terra or zoo med. It looks real sleek and I'd rather be staring at that in my room that the 20 gal long. The floor area is about the same so I don't think space is a problem. Anyone with any experience with these terrariums? I'm not looking to do anything with it but just transfer over my fake plants, hides, etc. I don't need anything higher than 12 inch but 18 is the smaller they make.

Anyone?

Thanks!

Jordan

if it looks good. switch it. zoomed and exo terra are two both very high reputable companys in the reptile world so yeh go for it. if its necessary that is.

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
I have 2 of my leopard geckos in 20 gallon longs, and 1 in an 18x18 zoo-med and I LOVE IT!
I like the length of the 20 gallon for "landscaping/ decorating" and I like the 18x18 for ease of getting him in and out, and ease of feeding, etc. So it's all in what you want. Personally if I had the $, I'd probably go with the ease of getting in and out. But it's probably better to go long for the proper temperature gradient through out the cage. Whatever......I have both, and bottom line I like the 18 x 18 best!

Blacksupra94

I have an exo terra 18x18x18 sitting in my garage for sale ;). $40

I used to use it for my crested but I found it was too small, so he got a 46 gallon instead.

Tysonm

Blacksupra94 I am interested in your 18x18x18 exo terra, would you be willing to ship?

Visit our friends