Tank Upgrade

Kystaubi

So I just went and got some new things for my young leo today (he's 2-3 months old), including changing from paper towel to tile (substrate). He seems a lot more adventurous as he now has things to climb on and explore, and not to mention--the tank looks a lot better!

Before I was just using the half log, a glass cylindrical humid hide (I put damp paper towel under the big rock thing to substitute for having the glass hide), and those small rocks on the ground. I also had a tree looking decoration but it's a little to steep for him to climb on. This seems a lot more his pace. :main_thumbsup:

Photo_00006.jpg

Kystaubi

Thanks! I know it can be more creative, but he's still just a baby so it fits his size for now. :) I hope to find out what sex he is, if he's actually a she, then I'll gladly get another!

He's soooo full right now, he's just started eating A LOT for me, and he's just so fat and happy. It's cute, hopefully his tail will get fatter now that he's eating lots of crickets!

thegeckoguy23

Thanks! I know it can be more creative, but he's still just a baby so it fits his size for now. :) I hope to find out what sex he is, if he's actually a she, then I'll gladly get another!

He's soooo full right now, he's just started eating A LOT for me, and he's just so fat and happy. It's cute, hopefully his tail will get fatter now that he's eating lots of crickets!

don't worry it well but it is still a baby so its food intake is smaller so it well stay on the small side

Kystaubi

I'm just worried about the growth of his tail because the other leo from his group of hatchlings (there were 3 there, and the lady that worked in the pet store had hatched them herself) has a much fatter tail and looks bigger. Mine went through a transition period though, and I was feeding him mealies for a little while. He didn't eat a lot for the first 3-4 weeks I had him but after his first shed (in my care) he seemed to start doing better. It's also gotten hotter out, so I think that's helped him too to become more active.

He's eaten around 6 small crickets in the last 24 hours so I'm happy. :)

Visit our friends