The beginning of my new habitat!

RoninSTi

Hey everyone!

I'm new to Leo's and reptiles in general. I'll be picking up my two new Leo's this weekend and wanted to see everyone's comments on my tank setup SO FAR.

I have a 20 gallon long. I used a small amount of play sand on the base to level out my tile substrate. Once the sand gets a little dryer I'll be able to really get the tiles nice. The tile is tumbled marble left over from our bathroom remodel. It's a natural stone thats not slippery and has plenty of texture for the little guys to cruise around on.

Right now I have the UTH, the warm hide and a water bowl. I made two moist hides out of tupperware (not shown). I'm missing a thermometer and a hygrometer which I'm going to get before they arrive. I also plan on getting a thermostat in the not so distant future.

Let me know what you guys think.

Craig

2igeqeu.jpg

k568lg.jpg

10n5cba.jpg

liking the tumbled-marble. i'm also quite new to the keeping of leos, however one thing that i've absorbed from this wonderful forum is that i believe they each need their own hides. can i get an amen, or a correction anybody?

RoninSTi

Thanks guys! I have more hides for them, they're just not pictured. I know the tank looks sparse right now. I'm going to get some things for them to climb on this weekend before I pick them up. Right now I'm just trying to get everything that's essential to their survival and getting the tank temps right.

RoninSTi

Hot side is at 85 and counting, I want to get it to where it needs to be by tomorrow. Anyone have experience with how long it takes the habitat to get up to temp? It's been about 2 hours or so and the temp is still climbing.

I'm using a UTH and a 50w infrared.

roger

Just some suggestions.The hot side needs to be warmer- 88-92 deg.I would save spending $ on things to climb on,leos arnt good climbers.It's a descent set up.

RoninSTi

I went out for the night and the temp stabilized at 92 inside in the hide with out the heat lamp. The cool side is at 60 w/o the lamp. I'm going to use the Lamp on the cool side and see where is stabilizes, I'm guessing around 80 based on what it was doing before.

I made some moist hides out of the tupperware lid glass containers and some bed a beast. I watched some youtube videos on moist hides and I liked this method the best.

I'll post some more pics tomorrow with the hides, and hopefully I can pick up the geckos tomorrow!!!

Thanks again for the comments, it's appreciated.

Taquiq

JK Herp
You should put a hide on the cool side. The water bowl should be in the middle because that is less walking to do from the warm hide. And have a little fun with it. Put some fake plants, or decorations in.

Visit our friends