The First Tank

Desdemona

So, here is what the gecko gets to be happy with till payday, though I think I at least have all the basics. My biggest concern now is that there seems to be only a 6 degree difference between side A and side B. The low stacked rocks are the warm side with the tree on the cool side.

The TP roll in the water dish was me putting him back in there after I fixed up the tank (I didn't put him in the water dish it rolled). Also, the cardboard box piece is covering the moss in the back. The next thing to figure out is the moist hideout, though I was thinking of just putting a plastic lid under part of the tree (its pretty large on the inside, at least for the gecko's current size) and using one half of the tree as the mossy/moist hideout so the tank won't be so crowded. What do you think? Or just keep the moss where it is and find a better container?

IMG_2358.jpg

IMG_2356.jpg

Desdemona

The tank has probably "leveled out" now to what temps I'm guessing it will keep (though of course the thermometers will tell me) and one side is 85 while the other is 73, so a much better range now.

Skydiver Keith

FYI, moss is messy and grows stuff easily.
If you use terracotta instead, you won't have to clean/replace it and your gecko will be happy.
Put an inch of pea gravel in a container, pour in water, place the terracotta onto the gravel, and top off with a lid.

Desdemona

I will have to ask for it the next time I go to the reptile store, I just grabbed the moss at ******** since I was trying to finish up the cage shopping without going completely broke.

Visit our friends