Thermometer Options everyone?????

acharpenter

I have a 40g breeder Exo-Terra Terrarium.

I have a digital temp gauge
LIKE THIS: http://www.marinedepot.com/thermometers_refractometers_hydrometers_coralife_digital_thermometer-ap.html
096316002326C.jpg

in Geek's dry/hot hide next to the UTH controller sensor....and an additional digital temp gauge on on the hot side on his rock perch.

I also have a Pinpoint Wireless Thermometer
LIKE THIS:
http://www.amazon.com/American-Marine-Pinpoint-Wireless-Thermometer/dp/B001EHCDDK

pinpoint-wireless-thermometer.jpg

on the cool side.

I really dont care for the look of the wires in the tank - they are partially hidden by the foam back wall but I am wondering if there are any options out there for temp sensors with no wires that anyone uses/used/recommends?

I know I wont be able to find something completely wireless for the heat pad controller sensor but if I could get the three temp wires out of his Terrarium - I would be ecstatic!

Anyone?

acharpenter

Then I would have to spot check temps non-stop with the gun rather than eye balling the sensor readings at a glance?

Almost seems like more work? Pulusses/minuses?

roger

Then I would have to spot check temps non-stop with the gun rather than eye balling the sensor readings at a glance?

Almost seems like more work? Pulusses/minuses?

Temp guns are more precise and can pin point a specific spot.There is only need to check your warm end once a week really.Those digital thermometers are not very accurate.

acharpenter

Currently I check the digital temps everytime I am in the office which is at least twice a day. I cant imagine ever getting comfortable enough with the equipment to not feel the need to check at least once a day.

I get a little paranoid as I have almost cooked my reef tank due to equipment malfunction. I now have an all in one controller to help give me some peace of mind in that aspect.....and will more than likely invest in a basic aqua controller for Geeks tank sometime soon to help with this very thing....(cant seem to find any sort of controller for Terraiums...)

In any event - I invested in extra probes for the Pinpoint for eye ball checks. Its much more accurate than the little $10.00 ones

I will also be ordering a temp gun for more precise checks

Visit our friends