tile sizes for tanks..

jessmr

How many of what size tiles do I need for a 10g tank and also a 20Long?? I've tried a few different sizes and it always ends up leaving big gaps? I want minimal gaps :) Also, I know the problems associated with using sand, but would it be ok to fill in the cracks between the tiles with sand? If not, what do the majority of tiled set ups use?

Thanks a million :)

Jess

jessmr

Does anyone have any advice on this? I'm using paper towels right now but would like to switch to tile.. problem is the gaps and extra space between standard sized tiles.. How many of which sizes does everyone use for 10 and 20long tanks? What do you fill the cracks with? Thanks again if anyone has any input :)

Jess

panicbess

Usually I have Too Break them down too fit. They make 12x12 down to 1x1.So you just got too play with it.

panicbess

Also If the Leo's Real Healthy I just Use SAND to pack the cracks....Watch the Forum Freak Out!!!!!!!

A 20 gallon long needs 10 6x6 tiles. This will have very minimal gaps with the only ones being where the silicone gel in the corners and sides was placed. I put paper towels under my tiles, there will always be risks with sand. I may just put some repti carpet under it instead, to make it look more natural.

Pdrut

Pudrut
For my 20L tank, I use two 12*12 tiles and two 6*6 tiles. Cost me less than 4 dollars at Home Depot.

Alex G

A 20 gallon long needs 10 6x6 tiles. This will have very minimal gaps with the only ones being where the silicone gel in the corners and sides was placed. I put paper towels under my tiles, there will always be risks with sand. I may just put some repti carpet under it instead, to make it look more natural.
Thanks, this fit perfectly with no noticeable gaps :)

Visit our friends