Tiles under the tank to prevent a fire??

SudeepHArya

Hi all

I am planning on getting my first LEO this weekend and currently have a 10 gallon glass tank. I bought a larger UTH because I plan to get a 20 when I can afford it

A couple of questions I need to ask

I am using Vinyl (high quality) tile to line the cage, I am going to put the UTH under the glass technical on the bottom out side of the tank. The desk the Tank is staying on is wood if I put tiles under the tank so basically I have the desk, ceramic tiles the uth and then the glass enclosure will this be ok to do are do you think I will have a fire hazard?

I have heard of some people using the warm hide as a humid hide also. Is this true and does the warm hide always have to be humid?

Lastly the UTH is meant for larger tanks can I have part of the UTH literally not under the glass (it will basically be exposed) and the other part under the glass so I am only using part of the UTH?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
Use a thermostat or rheostat to control the heat. The heat mat comes with little rubber feet that you lift your tank up with, so the heat pad can "breath", and get airflow around it. I actually have one of mine sitting on a wood dresser in my sons room, I also use a little metal trivet (from the kitchen) underneath the heat pad, to keep it off the wood and up against the tank bottom (b/c the stickiness lost its stick,lol). So there's another idea for ya;)

Last edited:

Visit our friends