Time for a upgrade?

kevinb

Noob breeder
So I'm looking for some opinions on upgrading to flexwatt and how reliable it is on keeping temperatures up. I currently have 25ft heat cable run by a hydrofarm tstat. The temp fluctuations are aweful. It could be 95° one minute and 82° five minutes later. My geckos can't go on with that so I'm looking at other options. I'm thinking an upgraded tstat and some 4" flexwatt for my rack. I'm thinking a ranco tstat. Does anyone think this would be more reliable than my heat cable and cheap tstat?

Any help would be great.
Thanks.

A&K Reptiles
[email protected]
(607)-372-4195

NinjaDuo

I love heat cable because it's easy and reliable. You have some weird cables I guess. But heat tape is also good, I have both but rancos are tstats. So it's really up to you, either way both have worked for me

kevinb

Noob breeder
Well I have it weaved starting with the end on my third level of my rack and weaved done to the bottom...as said on the box the first 2' don't have heat. My third level is the hottest it can get to about 98° if I let it. The second level only gets to about 75° and the bottom doesn't even have heat because its the first 2'. I thought the heat cable would be the same temperature all the way done the cable till it tapered off to nothing. I guess I just don't understand heat cable. Its just not keeping my tubs at 95° even though I had my tstat set at 105°. There is something wrong there. I went in yesterday opened my closet door to check on things and the probe was reading 84°....I just don't know how it can't keep it at a steady temperature.

A&K Reptiles
[email protected]
(607)-372-4195

Visit our friends