Ugh! Why does this have to happen now..?

LizMarie

Oh Lord as many know I have a leopard gecko and 2 AFTs and they're all over the apartment and I've been trying to get them all together in the same general area so water changes, spot cleaning, feedings, mistings and stuff can be simple! But get what happens!? The day before yesterday I was cleaning out my AFT Marley's tank and I almost died! Their tanks are on TOP of a TALL dresser that I need to get on a step ladder to get to, Thankfully he wasn't in the tank because it fell and cracked and since the wire to the UTH was still behind the dresser it got caught and was ripped now I don't trust it. So I have a cracked tank and 2 UTHs and 3 Geckos, ugh and a pet shop that charges like $20 for a mini UTH!

While this isn't the BEST solution in the world I had no other choice but to place Lana my LG in my moms old 29gallon with the Auroras UTH and now Marley and Aurora share the 20gallon Long with an old tank divider that I siliconed in in the middle and I the UTH for that tank was rated for a 30-40gallon so I moved it over to the middle so they can share the heat until I figure out what to do! At least they are now placed on the lower end of the 29gallon stand so I don't go free falling with anymore tanks because if another breaks I dunno what I'ma do.

GrimmyX15

Mkay-um?
Try to save up for money. D: I thought if you want another heat mat for Sercet Easter. :p Im sorry, I had to put my leo in strandard 20 gallon seems big. My rat was in 30 gallon long. I wish i could put rat but she's more skittish and jumpy. My Leo's tank lid have holes and cutted open. I was worried if my rat would escape from it. i dont want to risk it. D: I would hate to go pet store to pay 15 or 20 for new lid. If I have rabbit/guiena pig cage, Yaya for me! :O Sorry to hear that.

RocksMama77

So sorry to hear that but i am glad you are okay. A great temp. home is a rubbermaid drawer with a people heating pad. Works great until you can get what you need. And also you may want to check out herp supplies. They have great deals on everything and the customer service is awesome. Their 10 to 20 gallon heat pad is only like 15.

LizMarie

Ok so I was able to find another UTH but it's a mini and since I stacked the other tanks away they'll have to stay in here for now because my back hurts moving tanks and furniture around.

It doesn't look TOO bad I just hope that move AFTs can control themselves and don't try to "visit" each other. Plus I have the tank stacked up on some encyclopedias but now that I think about is that a fire hazard? The tank has the little UTH feet so it's not on the books itself but can it cause a fire?

Picture093.jpg

sammer021486

I doubt that it will cause a fire, the heat mats should be around the same temp as our body for the geckos.

I think that paper's flash point is something like 300F.

I hope that you were not hurt in the accident. I know what you mean by a pain to get access to tanks up high. I use to have a custom 55 gal that opened from the top and even on a chair I was too short to get at everything inside the tank.

LizMarie

Okay thanks now I'm more at ease. I woke up this morning to both geckos exploring each of their halves and my cat on my dogs mini couch following them back and forth with her eyes, so I added some encyclopedias to the top JUST IN CASE!

sammer021486

Okay thanks now I'm more at ease. I woke up this morning to both geckos exploring each of their halves and my cat on my dogs mini couch following them back and forth with her eyes, so I added some encyclopedias to the top JUST IN CASE!

Ah yes, pesky cats,lol. My little kitten was exploring my young cresties last year and decided that she would try to make the crestie fly. My cat ended up knocking the kritter keeper off of the top shelf which is around 5' high. I was out of bed and in the living room, before my cat even had the chance to jump from the top shelf. That cat is always getting into trouble, my other cat thinks he is part dog, acts like a dog most of the time.

Visit our friends