Ultratherm UTH

ShadowOde

I tried searching the forums, but no one seems to talk much about the Ultratherm UTH. I am looking to heat two 10g glass tanks (each seperately) and was wondering what the general consensus was on these, particularily if the Viv Mat 7 (6" x 11") was going to be too large for a regular 10g, or if I am better off with a Zoo-Med or Exoterra. Thanks for your help!

phoneguy

I am using 2 of them. One for a 10 gallon and one for a 20L. I have used Zoo Meds in the past but I think Ultratherms give a more even heat. I am using the size you mentioned for my 10 gallon and its been great. They claim you dont need a thermostat with these and I am running my 10 gallon without one and my temps are great. The 20l I am using the 11x11 size and that one seems to get a lot hotter so I have that one running on a thermostat.

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
I use Ultratherm on all my glass tanks; I need a thermostat to regulate the heat otherwise it gets too hot. I use one 11x35" mat per 2 tanks.

ShadowOde

Good to know. I decided to order one based on all of your opinions. Hope it does the job. Living in a basement makes it hard to keep the right temperatures.

Smidget88

I just bought a zoo med today, it is a very finnicky heater. My tank temps ranged from 88-103 i have unplugged it and am purchasing a dimmer tommorrow, the zoo-med definitely serves its purpose, but there was no information on the packaging what-so ever in regards to how hot it can really get. I wish you luck with your purchase!

Visit our friends