undertank heater for vinyl tile???

freebyrd

hi all, i working on my setup for my leos that im getting soon and im leaning towards putting vinyl tile.. for those of you that use vinyl tile, do yo put the uth under the tank or inside the tank in between the vinyl and the glass? thanks in advance....

craig morel

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
I use high end vinly tiles and I put my uth on the outside of the tank under the tank not under the tiles between the tank and the bottom of the tank. Unless you have a uth that is water resistant like the cobras this could be a BAD situation. Also if you plan on sticking the vinyl tiles to the tank it def. wouldn't be a good idea to put the uth on the inside of the tank. We make temperature just fine using the uth the traditional way and I LOVE my vinyl tiles in my tank. Like I mentioned tho make sure you use high end vinyl tiles, the ones that will crack in half if you bend them, you don't want the flexible cheapo ones imo. There a bunch of pix in my photo albums if you want a good idea of how they will look when installed.

freebyrd

thanks for the reply, i know what you mean when you saw high end vinyl... i am a floor installer by trade....i have some that are extremely hard to break...so it is thick...a strong 1/8" thick... i will test it.... i wasnt planning on sticking the vinyl to the floor but i might....thanks again...

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
I use to install too :) I stuck mine down and haven't regretted it one bit. You're welcome and I find the simulated slate ones really look sweet in a natural set up.

freebyrd

what type of uth do you use?

im planning on using a strip of flexwatt...should work fine..thanks...

Visit our friends