UTH getting too hot?

C

coopville

I just purchased a Leo from someone and they included everything i need for a good set up. I have a hot side cool side two hides water dish calcium dish and UTH. I plugged the heater in and let it warm up for a while. On the warm side I have a hide with moist moss inside it and after six hours of being on i took the temp inside and outside the hide. inside was over 110 outside was around 105. Obviously too hot. How can i fix this? The pad is not attached to bottom of tank just sits under the tank which is on a wood dresser.

C

coopville

With a rheostat, will I still need to elevate the tank of the table some for air flow?

C C Gecko

Yes that is the safest thing to do. The UTH should have come with some rubber like pads that you could stick under the 4 corners of the tank to raise it up enough.

C

coopville

Those lifts are gone. I will find something to hold it up with. Should I put something under the heat pad to press it up against the bottom of the tank or let it sit on the dresser? Sorry for all the q's. I just want go get it right. Same way I am with my red eared slider :)

C C Gecko

If it isn't sticking to the underside of the tank you might consider gettting a new UTH.

If you choose not to, I would try some superglue or maybe Gorilla Glue.

Visit our friends