UTH Question help

danny662boy

i have a flukers uth for a 10-20 gallon tank... i just put tile in the tank as substrate.. and the UTH is reading on top of the tile at 117 degrees... how can i get that temp low?

bjleemkuil

i have a flukers uth for a 10-20 gallon tank... i just put tile in the tank as substrate.. and the UTH is reading on top of the tile at 117 degrees... how can i get that temp low?

You could try putting some layers of paper towels underneath the tile. I did that a little while ago on accident it made the temps go down.

phoneguy

I have used the Lutron dimmers from home depot they work fine. To make it easier on myself I plug it into a lamp first and put a + and - sign on it. It takes a while for the tank to cool and heat so marking them is key for me. Your temps should be in the low to mid 90's some even go as high as 97. My geckos always seem to do great at 93.

danny662boy

i just plugged it in to see which was higher and lower and i had them opposite.. so good thing you told me! anyway i have the flukers UTH .. and that thing gets HOT.. so i put it on the lowest setting well a little bit more than the lowest.. . i just switched to tile substrate from carpet and when i checked yesterday around the humid hide the tile was 117 degrees so we'll c how long it takes for the temps to lower and regulate

Visit our friends