UTH Question - In or Under tank? Thermometer Q as well.

Kyee

Soo, Currently I have my UTH under my tank, and it seems to be heating up fine, but is a bit on the cool side. I don't have a thermostat or thermometer set up though, so I can't provide heating. :eek: -bad- I need to save up some money to get one, as well as bigger UTH.

So, I don't know, it seems like it SHOULD go on the bottom of the tank, but i'm not sure so I would like some clarification. :) Also, does anyone know of a good quality, cheap thermometer/thermostat? I will probably have the chance to get one in the next few weeks. :)

gitrdone0420

Gotta catch 'em all!
UTH should only go under the tank. It will burn the reptile if you put it in the tank, just like a heat rock will. How do you know if its cold if you dont have a thermometer reading the temp?
Thermometers are extremely cheap. You can buy one for $7 at Pets**** or $5 on ReptileSupply.com. You cannot get by without one.. You have to know what the temps are, as these reptiles require certain temperatures.

Kyee

That's what I thought, Melanie. :) And I know, I know. It kills me that I haven't gotten one yet. I can't get a job yet though, and can only buy stuff when my parents are willing to help me out. xP What's a good brand?

Kyee

Okay, so I was looking at the rheostat's and thermometer's that zoo-med offers. I'm wondering, do I need both? Or just one? Or.. what?

Visit our friends