UTH too hot?

SDCowboy

Okay so I finally bought a digital probe thermometer (zilla) and I had no idea how hot my UTH was! I placed the probe down right on top of the repticarpet and the temp was reading 107*. I quickly placed a few layers of paper towel underneath the carpet to bring the surface temp down but it's still reading 99* with the probe on top of the carpet. Is this too hot? Is it normal for these UTH's to run this hot?

PS...the air temp is generally around 80-90* if that matters.

SDCowboy

Now it's reading 100* with the probe at the surface. I guess I'll have to put more paper towel under the repticarpet. I didn't know paper was that good of a heat conductor.

roger

Another option is a rheostat. You can but one for 20 bucks at the local pet store most likely.

IMO I dont cheap out when it comes to my leos warmth.Rheostats at least imo opinion are iffy.If u want to control and keep your temps steady at a certain temp than herpstat or johnsons 419 is good.If u just want to regulate the flow of the electricity current and you want to go cheap,the rheostat is the way to go.Personally I dont like them

clemsonguy1125

They do vary but mine is alway between 89 and 97, the temperature doesnt usually make that big of jumps but in the wild the temperatures are not going to always be exactly 95 degrees so IMO it works, but thermostats are better if you are not constantly monitoring your leo.

Visit our friends