When can I put my new geckos in with my old one?

A

Annie118

I have a three month old and I got two younger ones at a show on Saturday. Now the two new ones are in a separate tank. I am showing a picture to show the sizes. Thanks

TripleALeos

Its best to quarantine any new animals for at least 30-60 days to make sure they are good and healthy.. Once the quarantine period is up, make sure to keep a close eye on them and make sure no one is getting bullied. A lot of the times one will pick on the others causing them to stress out and not eat. Its best to make sure they are all about the same size as well..

A

Annie118

Thanks! I should have known about the quarantine. I always do that with my birds. I don't know what I didn't think of that. I was really wondering how close in size they have to be. I am new to geckos and I don't know when they will be fully grown.

BrilliantEraser

Bookworm!
Seamus is right. Quarantine should be AT LEAST 3 months, though 6 months is better. A fecal test is always a good idea, too. The stress of moving to a new environment can trigger some parasite loads (like coccidia) to spiral out of control. Nice babies you have, though! I like the one on the left.

Visit our friends