Which UTH (or heat tape) should I get?

Cecilia

Right now I have paper towel down, 3 layers. I plan on getting a thermostat as well eventaully, probably not able to though until after I get my geckos because the guy can only reserve so long XP. At my local pet store I can get a 10x11 Exo Terra Desert heat matt for $25, but I've heard better things about Ultratherm and it costs less. I've also heard well about heat tape. So here are my questions for you guys:

Which UTH/heat tape do you recommend?
If the temp is 95+, should I stick it to the side until I get my thermostat? (Actually, you probably can't remove it after you stick it... can you?)
If not, what temp would be best to consider sticking to the side? (Not that I want to, but so I can thoroughly heat well at good temps)

Thanks anyone and everyone :)

Taquiq

JK Herp
I would go with a Zoo Med UTH. They last a while and will do the job. Put it under the tank and measure the ground temp with 3 layers of paper towels. If it is 98+ you will need a thermostat. If you can't get a thermostat, depending on how long it takes to get one, leos can go without heat for a little bit. If you want heat tape I would go with flexwatt. Heat tape is usually used for racks though.

Holly12

You know what I did when i had my leos? I use a small heating pad for them and it was on low and it cost less but thats what I use. :)

GeffGecko

GeckoKid
I use a zilla heat controller and zoo med heat cable works great

IMG_0478.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

I did a small test testing how hot the cable got I was using it for my rack the cable gets hot within seconds a heat controller is a must. Before I installed my heat cable I rigged it to the top of my rack for a test.

IMG_0476.jpg

Controller set to 93
IMG_0475.jpg

Visit our friends